Terms & Booking Conditions
Your Contract with Portugala.com
1. BOOKING – If you book direct, via link to our web site or any web site. A deposit of 25% per villa rental is required on Portugala Villas, (or full payment if booking 5 weeks or less before departure) both non refundable to be paid at the time of booking including the refundable security deposit, which varies from £300 to £500 per villa per duration. The first named person on the booking (who must be at least 18 years of age). A invoice will act as a binding contract between us will only come into existence when monies are received which are non refundable, along with all names and ages of people staying in the villa, and a confirmation notice confirming your booking, except in the case of bookings made within 5 weeks of departure in which case our late booking procedures as set out in clause 3 below will apply, which is the full amount. Please check your confirmation invoice and all other documentation immediately on receipt and contact us straight away if anything appears to be incorrect as it is not always possible to make changes at a later stage. We reserve the right to refuse a booking without any given reason.
2. LATE BOOKINGS – Late bookings are those made within 5 weeks of departure. Once details have been confirmed to you over the telephone and by email, a contract based on these booking conditions will be deemed to have come into existence between us, with full amount required. Should you cancel after this point, cancellation charges as shown in clause 17 will apply. Full payment will be due immediately.
3. HOLIDAYS THAT ARE ON REQUEST BASIS! – Upon your instructions by telephone, in writing or by email, when we have to request a specific villa. Please note, bookings that are on request basis can incur extra costs to us such as faxes, emails, telephone calls etc. We will gladly proceed with the booking at no extra costs to you. However, we will only proceed with the booking when you give us a deposit guarantee payment by credit card, bank transfer or PayPal payment. Our part of the agreement is for us to supply the goods you have requested, once we have confirmed the booking you will be held to the booking and all monies will be deducted accordingly as per our booking conditions clause 17. If, we are unable to confirm, then, no monies will be deducted at all.
4. IF WE CHANGE YOUR HOLIDAY – We plan your holiday arrangements many months in advance and though it is unlikely that we will have to make any changes to confirmed arrangements, occasionally changes may be made. We reserve the right to do so at any time. Most changes are of a very minor nature and we will advise you, at the earliest possible date. If a major change occurs, we will inform you as soon as is reasonably possible. A major change is one that we make to your holiday arrangements, most of the time it is because the villa owner may withdraw the villa, or villa may be sold or under offer, We will then offer you alternative accommodation of same standard villa or of a lower standard, with the price difference refunded. If you want to upgrade to a higher category villa with more bedrooms, you may do so, by paying the difference in price, minus a discount. In all such cases you have the choice of either accepting the renewed arrangements as notified to you, or cancelling your holiday with full refund of money paid.
If Portugala.com makes a major change after the date of payment of the balance of the holiday price it will in addition to the choice offered in this clause compensate the Client as follows:
|Period before due departure date||Compensation payable per person (excluding infants)*|
|Cash refund||Credit Voucher|
|More than 35 days||NIL||NIL|
* For children invoiced at reduced rates, credit/compensation will be paid on a pro-rata basis of the adult rate.
Compensation is not payable if the alternative offered is of equal category or shown on our web site at a similar or higher price. If a lower priced accommodation is chosen by you, we will give you the price difference. The provisions of this clause will not apply in the event of a major change due to any cause beyond Portugala’s reasonable control and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, the following shall be regarded as causes beyond Portugala.com reasonable control:
(a) Act of God, explosion, flood, fire or accident.
(b) War, terrorism or any threat thereof, insurrection, civil disturbance.
(c) Any government or local authority restrictions or regulations.
(d) Strikes or other industrial actions. (e) The villa owner withdraws the villa, or the villa is sold.
5. PRICE GUARANTEE – We guarantee that the price of your villa rental will not be subject to any surcharges. Once you have made your booking and paid a deposit, the cost of your holiday will not be increased. Only Government action can change this Guarantee. Whilst we reserve the right to increase or decrease prices at any time, the price of your holiday as shown on your Holiday Invoice will not be increased, unless you alter your booking after it is issued. The holiday prices on the web site can vary at the time of booking, as prices are based on currency exchange rate.
6. OUR RESPONSIBILITY – You will appreciate that many people and companies over whom Portugala.com have no control are involved in the planning and provision of your holiday. Portugala.com have taken all reasonable steps to ensure that the suppliers of services provided are of an acceptable standard. As part of our policy of customer care Portugala will accept responsibility for the standard of services provided to you.
You should note:
• No liability can be accepted for any negligent acts or omissions of air or sea carriers, whose responsibilities are governed by international convention which may limit or exclude liability.
• We cannot accept any liability for loss, damage or expense resulting from war or terrorist activities threatened or actual, civil unrest, closure of airports, industrial action, threatened or actual or any event outside our control where such events delay, extend or compel a change in holiday arrangements.
• No liability can be accepted for failures attributable to the customer due to a third party not covered with the provision of the services contracted for and are unforeseeable or unavoidable. Due to unusual and unforeseeable circumstances which are beyond the control of the person seeking the exemption, where the consequences could not be avoided by taking of all reasonable care. Due to events which even with due care could not have been forestalled or foreseen.
7. ASSISTANCE – In the event of the client suffering illness, personal injury or death during the period of the client’s holiday arising out of an activity which does not form part of the holiday booking nor an excursion offered through Portugala.com. Portugala.com will offer assistance and knowledge and guidance to the client during the period of the holiday in respect of such illness, personal injury or death .
The cost of legal proceedings overseas can be very expensive and we would strongly recommend that you take out a Travel insurance, that covers legal expenses policy for that purpose. PLEASE INSURE YOU BUY TRAVEL INSURANCE BEFORE YOU TRAVEL (Buy your Travel Insurance in the country you are resident only, which covers for some of these eventualities).
8. TRAVELLING CONDITIONS/MISBEHAVIOUR – If you are prevented from travelling on an aircraft because in the opinion of any person in authority at the airport (including for example the police, pilot or security personnel) you appear by reason of intoxicating liquor or misuse of drugs, either to be unfit to travel or likely to cause discomfort or disturbance to other passengers, our responsibility for your journey or holiday, including any return flight, thereupon ceases. Full cancellation charges will then apply and no refunds will be given. Furthermore, we will then be under no obligation whatsoever for compensation or costs you may incur in respect of or as a result of alternative arrangements you may make. When travelling by air, the Airlines Conditions of Carriage apply, some of which limit or exclude liability. These conditions are often the subject of international agreements between countries, copies of the conditions are available to you, on the flight carriers web site. Portugala has no control over the behaviour of persons staying at or visiting your holiday accommodation and is not responsible for any withdrawal or impairment of facilities or other loss or damage caused by them. Under no circumstances are you entitled to sub-let or share your accommodation with anyone other than those passengers shown on your booking.
9. DELAYS – We cannot accept any liability for any delay in your flight to or from the UK, or any other country, whether the cancellation or delay is caused by adverse weather conditions, re-scheduling of times by the airline, the airport authorities and/or the action of air traffic controllers, mechanical breakdown, strike or industrial action or otherwise. We regret that we cannot make refunds for any services which have been paid for but are not used for whatever reason irrespective of any statement to the contrary by the supplier of the services. However, in certain circumstances you may be able to make a claim under an insurance policy, and we refer you to the terms covering you and your party against the risk of flight delay and would recommend such insurance to you. You are subject to the flight carrier conditions. Not Portugala conditions. Please buy your travel insurance. We do not book flights.
The airlines involved will endeavour to keep you as comfortable and well informed as possible. Portugala.com has no control over flights, the provision of meals, refreshments, etc. in such circumstances as these are covered by Airlines’ Conditions and EU Airline/s regulations and conditions.
9a. FLIGHTS INFORMATION – Should anyone check-in less than 120 minutes before the ticketed departure time, admission to the flight can be refused. Should anyone be refused admission to the flight or to the destination country by the airline or government authority, then we are powerless to assist and cannot be held responsible as we do not sell flight tickets. In all such cases we will not be liable for any costs involved.
International Flights can be operated by many airlines including, British Airways, TAP Portugal, Easy Jet, Ryanair, SATA Air Azores or any other airline operating CAA licensed aircraft using Boeing 727, 737, 757, 767, DC10, MD83, MD87, MD88, TriStar, Airbus A-300, A-310, A-320, A-321 and Fokker 100 or any aircraft.
When you travel with a carrier, the Conditions of Carriage of that carrier apply, some of which limit liability. Such conditions are often the subject of international agreement between countries. We draw your attention to the conditions regarding delayed flights and point out that the conditions printed on your tickets apply, and we cannot accept any additional responsibility for delays over those stipulated by the carrier.
10. IF WE CANCEL YOUR HOLIDAY – We reserve the general right to cancel your holiday up to the time when payment of the balance of the prices becomes due (normally 5 weeks before the departure date). But we will only cancel your villa rental after that time…
(a) If you default in payment of the balance of the holiday price, or
(b) If it is necessary to do so as a result of hostilities, political unrest or other circumstances amounting to irresistible forces such as war or threat of war, riot, civil strike, industrial dispute as defined above, terrorist activity, natural and nuclear disaster, fire or adverse weather conditions.
If we cancel your holiday then we will offer you a choice of an alternative holiday of at least comparable standard, if available, or lower standard, if available, with the price difference refunded, or a prompt and full refund of all monies you have paid in accordance with clause 4. Or, if available? you can choose a higher category or larger villa, and pay the price difference. This offer does not apply when a cancellation is chosen by yourself under clause 17 or where you have failed to pay deposits or balances on due when you paid to Portugala.com or a cheque which has subsequently been dishonoured. In such circumstances Portugala.com reserves the right to recover the money due by any means deemed appropriate.
11. INSURANCE – It is important you have travel insurance for your holiday. Take out travel insurance, in particular it should offer a 24-hour emergency telephone and repatriation service. When you take travel insurance policy, we advise you to study the terms very carefully to ensure that it is suitable for you.
12. TRAVEL DOCUMENTS, BAGGAGE AND HEALTH REGULATIONS INFORMATION– Where travel and health documents are necessary to comply with requirements of any country to which the relevant holiday relates, then it will be your responsibility to procure them. If for any reason costs, expenses or fines are imposed upon Portugala.com as a result of your failure to ensure that your travel documentation is in order then you shall be liable on demand to reimburse Portugala.com such costs, expenses or fines.
Under the terms of various international conventions, while your personal effects and baggage are in the hands of the carrier, the carrier is liable for the safety of such baggage. If your baggage is lost or damaged between the time of airport check-in, and the recovery of the baggage from the carousel at the end of the flight, then the carrier is under a duty to pay compensation. The amount of any compensation is determined by international convention, details of which are on the reverse of your flight tickets. In the case of loss or damage a Property Irregularity Report must be completed before you leave the airport. Should your claim be in excess of the airline’s compensation level, then you should contact your insurers to see if they will pay the difference. It is your responsibility to ensure that all your belongings are loaded onto the correct transfer coach, minibus or taxi.
Items of high individual value should be adequately insured, as neither Portugala nor its carriers will accept liability for loss or damage. Where travel and health documents are necessary to comply with the requirements of any country you wish to visit, then it is your responsibility to procure them.
When travelling abroad you are advised to check with your doctor well before departure to ensure that you have any inoculations which are advisable or necessary for your trip. You should also read Health Advice for Travellers which gives some useful information concerning health overseas. If you will be more than 28 weeks pregnant at the time of travelling you will need a certificate of fitness to fly and most airlines will refuse permission for anyone more than 32 weeks pregnant, You are sublject to the airlines booking conditions. check with airlines, as booking conditions may vary.
13. CHILDREN – On certain Portugala.com holidays we offer free or reduced price children’s places at many of our accommodation with free extra bed, cot or high chair. You should see the appropriate pages on our web site for full details. Certain conditions apply to children as follows:
• A Free child extra bed offer may apply to some accommodation only. All free or reduced price children must share accommodation with paying clients.
• In self-catering villas, studios or apartments is based on the number of full fare paying passengers sharing the accommodation.
• Infants under 2 years, cot/s and high chair/s available on request.
14. WEB SITE INFORMATION – We have compiled the information as accurately as possible. However, since we include so much detail, and web site is prepared up to twelve months in advance there may be occasions when an advertised facility may be altered or withdrawn for reasons outside our control during your own particular holiday. Further, the operation of certain amenities and facilities may be subject to local licensing laws or religious holidays. Maintenance and local energy conservation measures may mean that a hotel or apartment limits certain facilities, eg air-conditioning or water supplies; un-seasonal weather conditions can cause electricity failures.
In such circumstances as described, Portugala.com shall be under no liability for any loss or damage arising therefore. The operation and supervision of overseas property, transport and their services is subject to local laws, regulations, standards and codes of practice of individual countries. The legal and safety requirements of many foreign countries may be of a lower standard than that in the UK. You should note that the standards imposed will be that of the country you are visiting, and not that of the UK.
We would draw your attention to the fact that parts of many resorts are still in the process of development and building work may be in progress on or adjacent to your accommodation. If you have booked with Portugala, we will endeavour to keep you informed as to the possibility of such building work, but cannot accept liability for any inconvenience, discomfort or annoyance which you may possibly suffer from building works being carried out on property or near the property, such work being beyond our control. We would also draw your attention to the fact that for certain facilities you may find that the management of a property utilised makes a charge, for example, for the use of tennis courts, hire of equipment, sunbeds, babysitting etc. Airlines reserve the right to alter the flight departure time to a different time within a period of twelve hours of the printed or notified time of departure without responsibility for any loss or damage arising therefore, subject to the contents of clause 4.
15. SPECIAL REQUESTS – We will endeavour wherever possible to meet special requests made in writing, no guarantee is given.
16. IF YOU CHANGE YOUR BOOKING – If you want to change any details of your booking for the same year, we will do our best to help. Amendment requests should be made in writing to us direct, or via the travel agent who made the booking. Should you wish to substitute a party member where that party member is prevented from taking their holiday, the original partner member may transfer their booking to someone else providing we are notified not less than 31 days prior to departure. A fixed administration charge of £30 per person (maximum £100) affected may apply, and be requested to pay at the time of the alteration request. In addition, you will have to pay any expenses, costs or charges incurred by ourselves or incurred or levied by our suppliers in making the amendment. We reserve the right to pass on our reasonable costs in addition to the fixed administration charge. You may not amend from a holiday featured in Portugala.com web site to any late availability or other special offer holiday.
An alteration increasing the total value of the booking made before documents are issued will not incur an amendment fee. Where the original price is based on the number of people occupying, and you change the number of passengers the price will be recalculated on the basis of the new party size, e.g. where extra bed/s, cot/s, high chair/s are required, etc. In addition to the charges shown above we may also have to charge you any additional costs involved.
If you wish to make any change while on holiday (e.g. requiring extra services, internet, extra beds, pool lighting, pool heating, putting on jacuzzi, or extending your stay,) all requests are subject to availability and any extra costs must be paid through Portugala.com in the UK, or locally. Please remember changing the length of your stay means that you have to buy new aircraft seats. After departure the length of stay cannot be altered and we regret we cannot make refunds for any services which have been paid for but are not used for whatever reason, irrespective of any statement to the contrary by the supplier of the service or the local agent.
17. IF YOU CANCEL YOUR HOLIDAY – Should you or any member of your party be forced to cancel your booking after it has been accepted by us, the effective date for cancellation will be the date that we receive your written instructions at our Portugala.com office. If you cancel, a cancellation charge (being agreed damages to cover our estimated loss) calculated on the scale set out below becomes payable by you as signatory of the Booking Form or the named person on invoice. Insurance premiums are non-refundable.
Period before written notification is received by Portugala Amount of cancellation charge expressed as a % of Total Holiday Price inclusive of extras (including all deposits paid)
|Period before written notification is received by Portugala.com||Amount of cancellation charge expressed as a % of Total Price inclusive of extras (including all deposits paid)|
|More than 35 days||VILLAS & APARTMENTS DEPOSIT 100%|
|29-34 days||VILLAS & APARTMENTS 100%|
|22-28 days||VILLAS & APARTMENTS 100%|
|0-21 days||ALL 100%|
NB! You may be able to make a claim under any travel insurance policy, if your cancellation falls within the provisions of the policy. Failure to pay the balance payment by the due date on your invoice, may result in Portugala.com cancelling your holiday with no refund.
18. VILLA SECURITY DEPOSIT REFUNDS – Your villa refund is made up to 2 weeks after we receive your email request for your refund. After we receive your email we will reply, we will give you a option for your Villa Security Refund, by Bank transfer or by Credit card. In situations where damages are made it may take longer than 2 weeks, because we will have to gather information from the cleaners and our representatives complete with photographic evidence.
18a. IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM ON HOLIDAY – In the unlikely event that something is not to your liking whilst you are on holiday, or there are any problems or issues with your Villa, you are obliged to report it to us immediately. Please contact Carlos directly by phone 0044 7795 661609, so he can attend to the issue. Please also follow up with an email if you cannot reach him by phone on your first attempt email@example.com. It is crucial that you give us the opportunity to rectify any issues that are within our control, but in order to do this, we need to be aware of the concern whilst you are still on your holiday, on the day you discover the issue. If in doubt about any issue, please just let us know. No refunds or adjustments will be given if you raise the concerns once your stay has finished or when you are about to leave.
Key areas to be noted:
Swimming Pool Heating– If for some unknown reason the swimming pool heater stops functioning due to mechanical problems, once reported to us we will get it fixed as quickly as possible and will send pool maintenance to take a look. Should you notice during your stay that the pool water temperature has dropped noticeably, you must notify us straight away, so we will call an engineer to prevent the problem from worsening.
On occasions due to lower than expected normal air temperatures in Albufeira, for example due to extreme weather such as a storm, this is classed as an act of god and therefore beyond our control. Please do still report the issue to us, and once normal air temperatures have resumed, the heater will once again raise the water temperature to the requested degrees but this may take some time if the weather has been bad. We set the machine 2 days before clients arrive, so it reaches a comfortable 25 degrees during November to March, and 27 degrees from April to October for your arrival. We do not use manual pool heating temperature gadgets because they are not accurate or powerful enough, so we rely on a motorised pool machine digital thermostat. In the winter months, November to March, the night air temperature drops significantly so it may take longer to recover in the morning, however the machine will continue working until it reaches the set temperature of 27 degrees.
Swimming Pool Lighting- If the lighting stops working for any unknown reason, or you experience issues with the lighting, you are required to notify us immediately. Please contact Carlos directly by phone and follow up with an email if you cannot reach him.
Your Documents- The information about your stay is always sent by email. It is your responsibility to check all documents, and ensure they are correct. Please check your junk folder in case the documents have gone there. Should you not receive your documents and you are due to travel within 7 days, please contact Carlos by phone urgently. Please take the time to check through all the information and ensure that your booking accommodation is correct and everything you have requested and paid for is listed on your confirmation invoice. Services not shown on the invoice and not paid for, will not have been booked. Please notify us immediately, before you travel, should you notice any errors. Should you fail to notify us before your villa arrival, we will not be held responsible for any discrepancies.
Should you fail to report your complaint ultimately with Portugala.com in London, straight away, then, we will not consider ourselves to be liable in respect of complaints which were not registered whilst on holiday.
18b. REFUNDS – We regret we cannot make refunds for any services which have been paid for but not used for whatever reason, irrespective of any statement to the contrary by the suppliers of the service. If you have any doubt, call us any time 24 hours, call Carlos in London or on his English or Portuguese mobile.
IMPORTANT! Please read these conditions on security villa deposit!
Upon arrival, please take a few minutes to check that everything is ok in the villa, because thereafter, it will be your responsibility.
The villa security deposit forms part of your contract with Portugala, is given and held by us in London until after your return. The refund is given back to you after your departure and inspection of the villa, and after receiving your email requesting your refund. We will then make your refund to your credit card or your bank account. In the event of of damages and or breakages were made during your stay, Monies will be taken for replacement/s according to damages or breakage/s made. In the event of damages and or breakages exceed the amount held by us, the differences in costs will be deducted from your credit card.
Polite note: some of the things that some people damage?
Towels sometimes they get so dirty that the dirt cannot be washed. You will be charged, and towels are not cheap:- £40 bath towels, £30 hand towel, £20 bath mat, etc. Some people for some reason use them on the floor as a door mat?. Also it happens a lot, that ladies use them to wipe off their make up, this is a definitely a no, no, in all cases they become permanently damaged and have to be replaced! Damages made and replacements:- With the extra costs for replacements, you will also be charged for transport, petrol and peoples time, costing you a extra £50 per trip. The warehouse we get the towels, bed sheets, blankets, and other replacements are based in Messines, Algarve, which is at least 1 hour return journey on a good day.
We do not have enough space to tell you of some of the damages that happen?
Other things, broken terrace chairs £20, broken sun beds £70, broken & burnt tables from £60 to £200, broken shutters, air conditioning units £500-£1500 per unit. There are many other things, the list is endless. If the amount of security villa deposit held by us is not enough to cover the replacements, we will take the amount due from your credit card.
Please do not take the expensive dinning chairs outside, if damaged the cost is currently £200 per chair. If you move any furniture, sun beds or chairs from pool terrace to anywhere in the villa? You must put it back, otherwise we will have to call the maintenance man, and you will be charge for a call out charge of £40 and his time, with a minimum cost of £80!
Expensive furniture such as dining rooms chairs, tables, sofas, etc, must be kept inside the villa, they are not to be moved from inside the villa at all. In Villa Borboleta there is a very expensive professional table football costing over £800, this is not to be moved from inside the villa.
Total loss of deposit! No smoking inside the villa! All of our villas are non smoking villas! It is against the law to smoke inside the villa! Anyone found to be smoking in the villa or leaves traces of smoking in the villa you will lose the security deposit in full, with photographic evidence.
Do not leave supermarket trollies in the villa? You must never, ever consider bringing trollies to the villa, it is an offence to do so, and if police find anyone taking trollies from the supermarket, you will be fined and, if the police do not fine you, you will be charged by us for taking them back to the supermarket/s at cost of £100 per trolley!
Do not change key safe code, we give you! £100-£200 will be taken from your security deposit depending on time of day or night, changing the code means, new clients arriving in the villa have the same key safe code, and if the code is changed, then, they cannot get in to the villa, which means, we have to get someone specially there to open the door, and if clients arrive in the middle of night?, then we have a very serous problem, and we may have to wake someone up, to go there, which no one deserves.
All of the things we are mentioning are simple messages, please be careful, take care and avoid paying for damages, and in some cases, it is for your security and also looking after your health.
In all cases, any damage made? A report will be made along with evidence. Please tell us, instead of covering up damages or breakages! All of the villas are cleaned when you arrive, and we expect the villa to be in reasonable order when you leave along with all the rubbish cleared from the villa. If the villa is left in a bad state, extra cleaning costs will apply, currently at £20 per hour, per cleaning lady and there will be a admin cost of £50 from us with full report and photos.
We have a company and individuals to do all these replacements, and do all the run around for us, receipts are not available.
If any breakage or damage made, you can save money, by replacing it yourself and, if you contact me, I can advise you where to get them?
A villa security damage deposit ranging from £300 to £500 depending on the villa. Monies are kept by us until after your holiday departure and inspection of villa. If breakages and or damages are made to be over the amount held, we will take the difference from your credit card, complete with photographic evidence.
>>>> Very important notice for party people? <<< please read
>>>>> Very important notice to young groups & party people! <<<<<
All our villas are rented for you to have a reaxing and enjoyable holiday!!!
All members of persons staying in the villa must read all of these rental Conditions very carefully on this email. With special attention about noises, parties, loud music, breakages, damages, etc.. Which is not allowed in any of our villas! Our villas are for holidays! Not for parties, loud music or bad behaviour!
It is necessary to mention to our all our clients, we have had some serious problems and complaints, from neighbours & other holiday makers about bad behaviour and loud music, etc…
Our villas, are not rented for parties, nor playing loud music during the day, and absolutely not, during the night, we will not allow you to spoil other people’s holiday. During the day if you put music on, it has to be personal for you only, the music has to be low, so that others, do not have to listen to your music. As from 22.00 hrs to 07.00 hours high noises are against the law. So, if you want to make noises?, go to the many lively bars available in Albufeira, local bars, the famous Praia Oura’s ‘The Strip’ or Albufeira Old Town. If you break the rules, and the police is called?, you will be vacated from the villa.
We will not allow anyone to stay at any of our villas spoiling other people’s holiday making loud noises, during the day or night. In the event of first disturbing of the peace, which is not acceptable, and if it happens? If you disturb the peace during the day or during the night, for you to continue staying at the villa, you will have to pay a further £300-£500 security deposit to continue staying in the villa, or if the situation is bad which damages may also have been made, then you may have to vacate the villa, and your contract with us will no longer be valid, and monies at all including security, will not be refunded.
The villa should also be treated with respect, and not be like a rubbish dump!. No bottles to be in and around the pool, because if bottles break, and you cut yourselves, and end up in hospital, or the next people coming to the villa cut themselves, all because of people leaving bottles around the pool terrace. Villa rubbish, food and anything else has to be put outside in the bins on a daily basis for collection. The whole of the villa has to be maintained cleaned daily, including kitchen and inside and outside. If things like chairs, tables, etc, are thrown in the pool, we will take a very hard line, and will have a very serious effect on your stay at the villa with loss of full security deposit, and an extra £300-£500 deposit depending on the villa will have to be paid for you to continue staying at the villa. This is classed as act of vandalism, and disrespect, and will not be acceptable, and, you may have to leave the villa, with no refunds at all.
Keeping the villa in good order:- If this is found not to be the case and is seen by our cleaning ladies, the pool man, the gardner or anyone else, they will report to me, and I will call you, and this will have an effect on your stay at the villa.
If we get complaints:
First Complaint: If I, or our agent are called because of a complaint because of noises and bad behaviour, I will follow up with a phone call to you with a warning and a fine of £/€100 which it will be deducted from your security deposit.
Depending on the situation, and after possible inspection of the villa, you may be asked to pay a further £300-£500 security deposit depending on the villa, or you may be vacated from the villa, depending on the state of the villa and if damages have been made?. If the damages are made and your behaviour and attitude is bad, based on viewing of the villa and reports received and if my conversation with you is not satisfactory?, you may be vacated from the villa?. Hopefully not?.
Second Complaint: You will definitely be vacated from villa! If police, I, or a member of our staff, are called more than once, because of complaints made by neighbours, your bad behaviour, etc, you will definitely be vacated from villa, and you will lose all monies paid including loss of damage security deposit (In all cases, respect to the villa & other people, neighbours and other holiday makers)! People pay good money for their holiday, and, should not be ruined by others, it is not tolerated at all in any of our villas.
Albufeira old town is full of bars and clubs including Praia da Oura ( the strip )! Or Albufeira Old Town! You can shout! Scream! As much as you want, enjoy yourselves, as much as you want, but, when you are at your villa, it is your private quite retreat!
Enter the villa quietly, specially late at night. You are not allowed coming to the villa
late at night staying outside the villa making loud noises disturbing other people! It is a absolutely No! No! If you arrive late at night or early morning, and you want to continue to be sociable, go inside the villa and close the doors and keep noises down, keep it private! sounds travels at night!
We want you to have a good time and enjoy yourselves, but the villa is not a party place, and has to be treated with respect, also only the amount of people contracted to stay in the villa, can stay in the villa, no other persons are allowed in the villa at all. As for playing music during the day should be kept low and private, no screaming, no loud noises, etc… and from 22.00 hrs to 07.00 hours no music is allowed at all, it is the Portuguese Law, and has to be abided, otherwise, there will be a high price pay, and you may be vacated from the villa.
It is important to give you this clear message, so as to avoid problems, and there will not be any surprises, if any of the above happens.
Remember: A villa security deposit depending on the villa ranging from £300 to £500 is kept by us until after your holiday. It is important that you email us after your holiday requesting your villa refund. After we receive your request, we then have up to 2 working weeks to refund your security deposit. As for stays with clients that have made damages, the process may take longer in gathering all information from our resort representatives.
Thank you for your understanding.
================== * ===================
Amount of persons contracted to stay in the villa! Only the amount of people contracted in the villa! No extra friends, no extra guests without our authorisation.
Only the amount of persons stated on your invoice are allowed! Please tell us, if the number of persons staying in the villa will be changing? If extra persons are put in the villa, without our authorisation, you will be charged not the extra bed rate of , but, the full villa rental rate from £/€140 per person will apply, or, if too many persons appear or found in the villa, we have the right not to allow you access to the villa or vacate you from the villa on heath & safety basis! And, no monies will be refundable.
Do not try to sneak in people to the villa without our knowledge, do not invite friends to use villa facilities or stay in the villa without our authorisation, do not have parties in the villa, villa rentals are not rented for parties, they are rented for your personal holiday and only the amount of persons contracted can use the villa and it’s facilities. If you do things without notifying us, being dishonest, you will be vacated from the villa straight away, honesty is a great thing!